header

header

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Kérastase Densifique Review

I have been facing hairloss/ hair thinning since i was in Uni. I was so scared that i will become BALD. I visited Singapore skin clinic and was prescribed with Growell minoxidil (not sure if it is 5% or 10%). Stopped using it before i could finish the bottle as it makes my hair look greasy, scalp itches like crazy and lots of dandruff. Super depressing.

After that i went on to try Shiseido Fuente - Medicated Vita Voltage BL. I like its minty feel but it doesn't seems to work for me as my scalp tend to develop pimples after using it.

As i'm pretty desperate, i googled and found lots of good review on how castor oil treatment promotes hair growth. As castor oil is very thick, you have to mix it with other oil to increase its fluidity for easy application and wash-off. Basically, I mixed the castor oil with almond oil and rosemary essential oil. Every 2 weeks, i applied it onto my scalp and wash them off after 1 hours or leave it overnight and wash off in the morning.
  • Pros: all ingredients are natural. (so it should work?)
  • Cons: It is very oily and it takes around 2-3 wash remove the oil from your hair.
Since google is my best friend, i came across Tricia Ong's blog where she mentioned about hair loss and her review on L'oreal Sulfate-free shampoo. All thanks to her, i started using the  L'oreal Sulfate-free shampoo everstrong shampoo and i love it so much. Why? the amount of hair i drop per day decreased to 10-20 strands from 40-60 strands per day. Furthermore, the shampoo has a pleasant fragrance as it contains botanic ingredient such as rosemary juniper. (you can find out more on the shampoo from Tricia's blog)


Thereafter, i also consulted her on her prevention of hairloss where she recommended me to use Growell and Kérastase Densifique. Bad news, Singapore do not carry Kérastase Densifique but fret not! I manage to purchase it through Look Fantastic and it offers free delivery worldwide!!!!


I bought Densifique (30x 6ml) at around SGD160 and it arrived in SG within 1 week. super fast delivery from belgium! When i opened the box, it has a nice perfume smell but not too overpowering.


*sorry that photo was taken when i'm on the third bottle.

What exactly is Kérastase Densifique?
As stem cells is a key role in the hair renewal process, Densifique help maintain the density of our hair by optimising the stem cell environment.It penetrates into the hair follicles to'awaken' them and spurs new hair follicle growth while strengthening the existing hair.In addition, the hair fibre will feel nourished as it contains a combination of B3, B5 and B6 vitamins.

Result
1) The body of the hair fibre looks boosted
2) Day after day, hair feels texturised
3) After 3 month, hair density is visibly improved *
*For daily application for 3 months, tested on 101 subjects.

Preliminary review from me
  • 6ml is more than enough for my whole scalp and i really love the smell. 
  • Most importantly, it make my hair feel soft and "volumed" throughout the whole day. YES, whole day. Usually my hair will feel oily and look flat by the end of the day.
  • The soft and pointed plastic comb applicator allow easy application as i can control the amount of serum by pressing the dome of the applicator.
  • Currently, no sign of pimples on my scalp.
  • This is a leave-in scalp treatment which can be applied to dry/wet hair. Very convenient because i do not have to purposely dry my hair to apply it. Save time and trouble.
How to apply it onto your scalp?
  1. Press the dome of the applicator to apply the treatment to the scalp.
  2. Massage the scalp with fingertip (no fingernails!!) to distribute the treatment and spread along the length of hair.
I'm very satisfied with the serum and i will do another review when i finish all 30 vials.

10 comments:

  1. Hey I will like to check with you how's the delivery for the densifier like? Is it registered or normal postage? &lastly is it effective? Haha I just bought my from spore for 330 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They deliver by registered mail. As for effective, my hair feels more volume but im nt sure if the hair grows cos even when i drop hair, i always have tiny hair growing. Maybe u wanna try using the loreal shampoo? I feel that i drop lesser hair w that shampoo. How about you? Any remedy to recommend for hair thinning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Sorry for the late reply. Have you tried bee choo? I find that it's effective in reducing hair loss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha, I heard of it but i didn't try. Tried trichokare and i love it. Signed $1000 package for 10 sessions.

      Delete
  4. hi! may i know how to use growell and densifique together? which one do u use first and how long must u wait before applying the other? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the very late reply. Growell and densifique are like tonic to the scalp. probably you wanna use them alternately?
      For me i will use densifique in the morning when my hair is dry. i only wash my hair once a night.

      Delete
  5. Dear Li Yi, can you please share your results from using Keratase Densifique?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey i did not share the result from densifique because i went for trichokare treatment and im also using klorane shampoo. I only use Densifique once every 2 weeks now. Trichokare provide very "shiok" head massage which makes me fall asleep without fail and i also can see my scalp has improved with lesser oil clogs. I also believe it's because i uses klorane shampoo with quinnie but if you try this shampoo, you need to use conditioner as it is quite dry.

    i would also recommend you to get this detangler brush as it helps to detangle your hairs very effectively. This also reduced the amount of hair dropped per day. My mom bought it for me from the market (believe its imitation but still gd.) but i saw that ppl are also selling them in carousell. definitely worth buying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kérastase Densifique Review. I have been facing hairloss/ hair thinning since i was in Uni. I was so scared that i will become BALD. I visited ... ekerastasedensifique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I am Christine.
    May I know how many times do you apply it per week?
    I am concern as it says to just apply 3 times per week, does it mean I do not and may not wash my hair the next day after the application?
    My hair gets so oily if I did not wash them? Can you please give me advice of what to do, please?

    ReplyDelete